Come join Camp Latona on one of our ADVENTURE EXPEDITIONS! Whether your group is first timers or seasoned professionals, we can work with you to create a memorable trip.
· Discover the beauty and amazing wilderness present in the Howe Sound. From sheltered island bays, towering Coastal Mountains, to lush rainforests, cascading waterfalls and active seal haul-outs/bays, Camp Latona offers the ultimate outdoor experience!
· Our water expeditions will allow you to discover by sea kayak or canoe some of the numerous islands and waterways present in the Howe Sound including the often forgotten Gambier, Anvil, Keats, and Pasley Islands.
· A vast amount of hiking trails and scenery awaits you with our Hiking Expeditions; you can hike the popular Latona Triangle or hike one of our local peaks, the options are endless. From the deck of your kayak or the summit of an island peak, spectacular views of the Sound are guaranteed.
· Camp Latona’s Adventure Expeditions encourages participants to be active, participate and challenge themselves by trying new activities and advancing their skills. Expeditions offer participants the opportunity to set goals, achieve results, earn responsibility and become a leader in a fun and challenging environment.
· All of Camp Latona’s programs follow the Challenge by Choice philosophy, which allows participants to define success and areas of development individually by allowing them to choose the level at which to challenge themselves. While, all participants are encouraged to challenge themselves, in each activity, they will not be forced or peer-pressured by participants into any activity or action that they do not feel comfortable with.
· Camp Latona is the ideal location for your group’s adventure expedition. Our Outdoor educators are extensively trained in risk management, first aid, emergency procedures and can lead your group on a hike, kayak, or canoe out trip around the Howe Sound, and local mountains areas.