Camp Latona is a summer camp located on beautiful Gambier Island in British Columbia, Canada.For over fifty years, Camp Latona has been developing the confidence and life skills in our youth to prepare them for their future challenges and successes. Your leadership skills and experience working with youth make you a valuable addition to our staff.
EDUCATION – Completion of grade 12.
- Experience working with children and youth
- Experience with outdoor camping & activities such as archery, rock climbing, hiking and sports
- Experience with ropes & team building an asset
- Craft and musical skills are an asset.
- Responsible and mature attitude
- Experience working with children and youth in a residential camp setting an asset.
- Must be able to assist in the operations, cleanliness and equipment of camp.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and work with others in a team environment
- Current CPR and Standard First Aid (or willingness to complete)
JOB DUTIES – The successful candidate will be responsible for the safety, well being and joy for 8-10 campers and support the Latona team making a difference in the lives of all the campers.
The position commitment is May – August 2016
Mandatory staff training at Camp Latona (April/May dates TBA)
Part time work is also available for rental groups in our off season.
Competitive industry wage plus all transportation to and from camp, meals, and accommodations while at the camp.