Camp Latona is a summer camp located on beautiful Gambier Island in British Columbia, Canada.For over fifty years, Camp Latona has been developing the confidence and life skills in our youth to prepare them for their future challenges and successes. Your leadership skills and experience working with youth make you a valuable addition to our staff.
EDUCATION – Preference will be given to applicants currently pursuing or recently completed their post secondary education in culinary arts or having a similar level of professional cooking experience.
QUALIFICATIONS - Applicants must have a valid Food Safe Certificate and be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in a food preparation environment for large groups of people (100+)
- Experience in a supervisory position
- Extensive knowledge of health regulations and current standards
- Prior experience with ordering, inventory and menu planning an asset
- Responsible and mature attitude
- Experience working with children and youth in a residential camp setting an asset.
- Must be able to assist in the operations, cleanliness and equipment maintenance of the kitchen
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and work with others in a team environment
- Current CPR and Standard First Aid (or willingness to complete)
JOB DUTIES – The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of meals, planning weekly menus, ordering food and other necessary supplies, coordinating theme meals and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the kitchen and dining hall. The Head Cook will also act as a supervisor, role model and mentor to kitchen assistants between the ages of 15 – 18.
The position commitment is June 27th to August 30t, 2010.
Mandatory staff training at Camp Latona June 20-25th, 2010
Part time work is also available for rental groups in our off season.
Competitive industry wage plus all transportation to and from camp, meals, and accommodations while at the camp.
Successful candidates will require a criminal record search and reference checks.