Camp Latona is a summer camp located on beautiful Gambier Island in British Columbia, Canada.For over fifty years, Camp Latona has been developing the confidence and life skills in our youth to prepare them for their future challenges and successes. Your leadership skills and experience working with youth make you a valuable addition to our staff.
EDUCATION – NLS Certification preference will be given to NLS-Waterfront Certification.
- Experience lifeguarding in a beach setting
- Experience in a supervisory position
- Sound knowledge of health regulations and current standards
- Prior experience working with children & youth
- Responsible and mature attitude
- Experience working with children and youth in a residential camp setting an asset.
- Must be able to assist in the operations, cleanliness and equipment of the waterfront & camp.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and work with others in a team environment
- Current CPR and Standard First Aid (or willingness to complete)
JOB DUTIES – The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of waterfront activties including swimming, kayaking, canoeing, waterskiing, wake boarding tubing and be responsible for overall water safety.
The position commitment is May – August 2016
Mandatory staff training at Camp Latona (April/May dates TBA)
Part time work is also available for rental groups in our off season.
Competitive industry wage plus all transportation to and from camp, meals, and accommodations while at the camp.
Successful candidates will require a criminal record search and reference checks.